- The brand new Bing, your AI-powered copilot for the online, is now in preview, and also you is perhaps stunned at how a lot it could actually assist us be higher at our craft of communications.
- These are some starter prompts to ask Bing, which have helped me and my workforce in our work over the previous few weeks.
- For those who just like the solutions you discover with Bing, bear in mind to follow-up with the supply hyperlinks for extra info.
- The brand new Bing is in preview, and we’re persevering with to take suggestions and apply these learnings to enhance the expertise over time.
We’re within the thick of it, for certain. As communications professionals, we’re determining what this new age of AI means for us, for our craft, whereas on the identical time making an attempt to clarify AI to the world.
In talking at an occasion this week in New York on this subject, one of many issues I mirrored on was the necessity to carry individuals alongside on this modification curve. You would possibly begin off on the curve like “nope” – as quickly as you begin seeing tales about these AI developments, your response is that this isn’t good for our occupation. However then as you dig into it, you’re feeling possibly it’s not a “nope” and transfer up the curve to “there’s hope.” There are all kinds of issues I may do! In any case, one in all our secret powers as communicators has at all times been language. And you’ve got this second and understand, you possibly can speed up this secret energy with AI.
Right here’s how I’ve been doing simply that with these prompts utilizing the brand new AI-powered Bing. The outcomes have been loopy spectacular. Attempt for your self by signing up for the preview at bing.com/new and bear in mind to offer suggestions on to Bing so we are able to proceed to enhance the expertise.
Helpful info to get began
- Select a dialog type: “Extra Inventive,” “Extra Balanced” or “Extra Exact”
- The brand new Bing gained’t hesitate to supply some follow-up questions to assist hone in on the reply you’re searching for. For instance, if you’re utilizing the brand new Bing to do concept technology, it’s useful to follow-up by asking it to “give me a couple of extra.”
- Associated to that, don’t go away Bing hanging! It might have an ancillary subject associated to the subject you’re asking about.
- Bing will at all times present you the place it’s getting its info, so if you happen to like among the solutions you’re getting and need extra particulars, don’t neglect to take a look at the sources that Bing is pulling from.
- Reminder! Keep away from placing confidential info within the chat.
Subsequent, on to the prompts.
Media interview prep
This primary instance comes from The Wall Road Journal reporter Joanna Stern. To organize for an interview with our Chairman and CEO Satya Nadella, Joanna used the brand new Bing to assist with getting ready interview questions. Right here’s what she requested Bing:
- “Within the voice of Joanna Stern, generate an inventory of 10 interview questions for Satya Nadella about AI and the brand new Bing”
- “Reply query 5 within the voice of <individual>”
Since then, I’ve been utilizing comparable prompts to arrange for media interviews. For instance, in getting ready for this On With Kara Swisher podcast episode, right here’s a immediate that I used:
- “Assist me put together for a podcast interview with Kara Swisher. The subject we’ve agreed to debate is the rise of Synthetic Intelligence instruments and companies. Primarily based on her most up-to-date writing and podcasts, give me 10 questions I ought to anticipate.”
Keep in mind, you could have sufficient time to verify Bing is ready – so it could actually assist to first ask if it’s conversant in Kara Swisher and her interview type. Then add extra particulars – who’s she speaking to? Then hearth the immediate in regards to the 10 questions.
Media protection snapshots
It’s been a loopy few weeks of reports right here at Microsoft and I’ve began utilizing Bing to assist me get fast snapshots of media protection to see how information is touchdown within the second. Listed below are a couple of examples I pulled not too long ago:
- “What’s the newest information about <X> at the moment?”
- “What’s the general tone of those tales?”
- “How does this evaluate with information about <Y> in the identical time interval?”
This isn’t an alternative to deeper measurement or evaluation, however it’s a surprisingly good first snap if you want one thing now.
Social media put up inspiration
Bing chat can also be an ideal brainstorm concept generator. We’ve experimented utilizing it to get inspiration for our social media posts, particularly with “Extra Inventive” mode. Listed below are some examples that my workforce has experimented with:
- “Generate a couple of tweets that embrace <X> info and makes use of a <Y> tone” (comparable to “lighthearted tone”)
- “Write a LinkedIn put up for this weblog, <X>”
- “Generate a couple of tweet concepts for <firm> about <product function>”
- “Take the next info and switch it right into a <X> character tweet / LinkedIn put up: <copy and paste textual content>,” then “Are you able to write it once more however make it extra participating?”
These preliminary prompts are normally adopted by “give me a couple of extra variations.”
There are days once I spend lots of time writing (and rewriting) the physique of a weblog put up, lastly get it to a great place and solely then begin to surprise, what’s my headline? By this level I’ve used up each ounce of creativity and begrudgingly write one thing considerably coherent and really feel barely unhealthy about myself. However lately, I really feel much less unhealthy. Whereas I nonetheless spend lots of time writing (I actually do love writing!) now with the brand new Bing, I’ve been utilizing this immediate to assist me generate headlines (a kind of writing that I like much less). Right here’s what I did:
- “Recommend a couple of variations of headlines for the next,”
- Copy your textual content and paste it to the Bing chat
FAQs is one other kind of writing I’ve been eager to speed up with AI. Right here’s how I’ve accomplished that:
- “Recommend 5 FAQs for <textual content or hyperlink>”
- “Give me a couple of extra”
I hope these immediate examples enable you kickstart your individual questions and interactions with this unimaginable new device.
Completely happy experimenting!
Tags: AI, Bing, communications, Prompts